How to Fail.

One of the poignant concepts I'm learning in my post-grad life is failing...and allowing it to reshape my perception of worth in light of it. How to fail well
I hear all the time (and dish it out equally as much) "Your worth is not based on what you do." And yet, simultaneously, I see the opposite swarming on my newsfeed and life in general. The luster of job promotions, travel exploits, new offices catch my eye and halt my attention, while the stresses of unemployment is pushed aside and drowned out by the noise. I buy into this lie that my words have no weight, and I have no traction, simply because I haven't gotten my career set in motion yet. Because I don't know what I want to do in 5 years. Because I don't know what I'm doing. 
It is in this chaos of finding out who I am through closed doors and missed opportunities, that I allow myself to be secure in the woman that I am. I am naked and laid bare. I am unsure, frightened, but also excited to see how I can begin again to take a step in the direction of my passions and calling. I am a mess. I am happy, and though I am petrified, I have peace that surpasses understanding. One thing is certain amidst this uncertainty, my passions for wholeness in others, for women to find identity in Christ, for covenant relationships remain unchanged. How I can begin to equip these passions, remains a mystery. 
I look again to the Father who reminds me of His faithfulness and my unfaltering identity in Him. Whether I succeed, whether I fail, whether I really "amount" to something...really doesn't add or subtract to who I am. 
So, here's to failing. Failing at life, at work, and at relationships. To getting back up and allowing this idea: that failing is not a measure of my worth, nor is it a reflection of my potential, to saturate my mind and take root in my heart. I remind myself today that,
though I slip, 
He does not fall. 
To get back up and keep running. Nothing worth it is ever easy.

Comments

  1. Everyone has their own path and speed in life! Plus all the "boasting" on social media seems 10 times bigger than it actually is.

    Keep your head high and good things will happen! I love this post btw, very motivational to me :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts